Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract
Ginkgo Biloba (Ginkgo) represents one of the oldest medicinal plants we could find today. Ginkgo’s natural remedy provides various health benefits, especially through the extract of its leaves. Here you will learn all the benefits of Ginkgo Biloba, for what it serves and how to use it.
What is Ginkgo Biloba and what is it for?
Officially this ancient tree is known as Salisburia adiantifolia, popularly known as Ginkgo Biloba or Ginkgo.
Herbal products prepared with Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract has now piqued interest as an effective alternative treatment. This tree is more than 5000 years old providing its medicinal properties to ancient China, where it was used to improve heart and respiratory problems.
Ginkgo Biloba extract as an alternative medicine
There are several ways to use Ginkgo Biloba, the most traditional is the leaf extract in which infusions are made and then taken. Currently it is also possible to find capsules with more rigorous extracts in the components, although it is guaranteed that they will do the same effect.
Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract can be taken without restrictions, although to avoid confusion it is recommended not to ingest more than 300mg a day. This to establish a safe range, which can also effectively help different diseases.
Expected results with natural treatment of this type may take several weeks to notice. In about 4 weeks you will already be noticing the improvement of symptoms thanks to Ginkgo.
Medicinal components of the extract
It is known that the extract obtained from the leaves of ginkgo biloba contains several active ingredients known as flavonoids, flavones and anthocyanidins, these are the components that give antioxidant and venotonic properties, that is, increase the size of the veins in a way that favors blood circulation. In this case it is used as an ingredient in Xpecia,favors better blood flow in the head avoiding hair loss.
Some properties and effects of Ginkgo Biloba
- Its venotonic properties favor the relief of symptoms caused by varicose veins, swelling, venous insufficiencies, phlebitis, hemorrhoids and bruising conditions.
- As a cerebral vasodilator, ginkgo biloba leaf extract acts as a protector of the nervous system that is accentuated by its antioxidant properties.
- This natural remedy is recommended to treat dizziness, dizziness, frequent headaches and tinnitus, known as tinnitus, symptoms related to buzzing sensation or noises in the ears.
- It helps to improve symptoms of respiratory diseases, being used effectively in the treatment of asthma and bronchitis.
- Its antioxidant function improves the development of the body’s immune function that copes with diseases.
- Ginkgo Biloba is the main study object that is believed to be able to fight Alzheimer’s, a disease that affects more people every day.
Benefits of ginkgo biloba extract
Ginkgo biloba extract works mainly under four effects: anti-inflammatory effect, acts as an antioxidant, improves platelet formation and stimulates blood circulation. These effects of the plant as a whole act on the body improving diseases or cognitive problems, improving symptoms of chronic diseases such as asthma or dementia and a very important extra benefit, provides energy.
Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract is also used for:
- Increase concentration, reducing fatigue and cognitive decline.
- Reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s or other diseases that affect memory or intellectual capacity.
- Helps improve anxiety and depression. Ginkgo Biloba is able to reduce stress and control nervousness.
- It works by controlling the three common symptoms of hemorrhoids, which are swelling, pain and bleeding. It is an ideal treatment for hemorrhoids.
- In patients with fibromyalgia, it makes symptoms of the disease more controllable.
Already many scientific studies demonstrate the effectiveness and endorse its medicinal properties of ginkgo biloba leaf extract, for some reason it is one of the best-selling natural remedies in the world.